Monday, March 11, 2013

Need Something Done? Give it to God!

It was plain to me from the beginning that this teaching (living the vocation of being single in Jesus Christ) had to be mobile and travel throughout these fine United States of ours. I had no idea how that was going to happen-I just knew that it was going to happen. Wasn’t clear on the when part either…

Today I started school to get my commercial driver’s license. Yes-siree-bob, I’m going to be driving me a big rig! Perhaps this is why my heck-of-a-great resume didn't even yield me one phone call. I put out dozens of resumes over that last two years  and did not net even one keeper (though I did get to throw a few back!)

The message of the single vocation is pretty simple and straightforward. Not a concept that can live solely under one church roof (or even in one town for that matter.) And what better way for God to get His message out then Over the Road? I won't go into all the other reasons this one is so perfect for me on a personal level. Certainly not the life I would have chosen; yet I'm very excited because this one has God all over it!

In three weeks I will graduate and the week after will be driving for whoever God chooses. Then Lord, turn me loose! There’s no end to what God can do! The places we'll go, the people we'll meet, and the message of the vocation of being single (and the intimacy with God that brings) will spread. He could have picked a better industry from which to launch this ministry. Even singles surrounded by friends and family many times still experience that loneliness when we're by ourselves in the temporal are not intimately in communion with Christ. How much more so those in such the isolation that is OTR (over the road) driving?

Please pray for me! I have my permit test in three days, my CDL licensing in3 weeks. And thus the journey begins. Travel this road with me together, In Christ Alone.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment